Monday 15 July 2013

KIDS



 
Can kids be in love?
One of my friends who studies human behavior seems to think so. He  told me that everyone makes a connection. He went ahead to tell me that kids can fall in love, kids as old as a month old. (I thought him insane). It is also the reason why a baby will cry when some people hold them and will cry not when some other people do even when they are total strangers. Kids too can fall in love, it’s just that they won’t know that they are in love or will not be able to distinguish that feeling clearly. They too can get attracted to people and can select out the people they like. He gave me a rather perfect example which I found plausible but perverted. This is what he told me, no he asked actually.
“Have you ever found little kids coming from school, girls especially and then one of them takes an interest in you and starts playing around you or doing some things that are bound to make you notice her?”
“But they are kids, and that’s what kids do. Play!” I answer back
“Were they playing with everyone or were they playing with you?”
I shut my mouth.
I live in a neighborhood that is rife with kids, noisy little burgers. There is something that totally scared me, picture kids who are less than three years old. A group of them, you are passing and then suddenly one runs up to you holds your hand and says UNCLE! At the same time looking at you with those innocent baby eyes and smiling, and the other whole lot starts shouting uncle uncle in mirth.  First off, I almost had a heart attack, am the first born at home and none of my siblings has an offspring I know off, secondly am not a baby person. I can stand babies only when everyone is oooing and aaaing around them and they are in someone’s else hands and the moment they start bawling I bolt for the nearest exit. So I was at a loss. To make matters worse, the mothers were standing a short distance away doing what idle women do best. Gossip. I had to part with a few shilling for sweets. I have become bosom buddies with those kids since then. Damn! Kumbe kids can be fun?
I know this couple, it’s not really a couple but to me they are. It’s a five year old couple. As in five year olds who are a couple. They do everything together. Walk together, hold hands, share everything, watch TV together, u could think they are twins but nay, just friends from the same neighborhood. I pray they grow up just like that. That life does not get in the way and screw up everything for them as it does the rest of the world. Just imagine innocent looking kids spending almost every minute of their lives together, and the parents know about it and are okay with it.
I have seen a girl wipe boys tears with her sweater. And hold him and comfort him like you could comfort a baby. And they were mere babies.  And I thought to myself, that is caring!
Then again I have seen mean kids. So out-rightly mean you wonder where they picked it up from. There is a game kids play, three players, two at the end, one in the middle, a ball is flung back and forth between two, the one in the middle tries as much as possible not to get hit. I saw one get hit and she walked right up to the one who had thrown the ball that hit her and push her violently into the ground. I was dumbfounded! Why for God’s sake why? It’s part of the game, right? 
MGMT - KIDS 

2 comments: